The Krewe met on March 3, 2018 at the Den. Present were Michael Anderson, Peter Anderson, Cheri Anderson, Lutricia Driver, Goose Bordeaux, Jeannie Coker, Zack Atterberry, Jennifer Walker, Kitty Wooliscroft, John Cashen, Joe Harris, Katie Harris, Nate Harris, Emma Harris, Ken Gordon.
1) Debriefing on the parade 2018:
- Easter Bunny sneezed due to the costume
- Fire Truck - Easter Bunny might be able to ride if we give them 2 months notice and their ins. can be arranged.
- Lutricia has 30 students that may be helpful
- Jeramy Boom - Golf carts?
- Transportation: JC has a 5x8 trailer, GB has a trailer (Buddy can pull it).
- Transport from the parade to the party was delayed due to a late flight at LaGrange Airport.
- Solution? Next year, if transport is needed, ask Trish and Neal about the loan of a limo and driver.
- TV - discussed the problem of non-use of notes and why they could not be used.
1. Get lineup set and assigned 2 months before the parade. Send assignments a month before and a week before.
2. Twenty-five dollar registration fee for individual, not for profit, vehicles.
- Judging - Is it really needed for floats? High School units and LIM appear to enjoy the awards.
Kitty to look at the awards and see if tweaking the categories is needed. (categories for floats? - kw)
- Publicity - well - who can do this? What about the banners in town? Focus the art on the parade, route and date/time.
- Winery at 5 points might be amicable to hosting a party.
At present, we do NOT plan Krewe to sponsor a party on 2-23-2019.
- Cleanup Crew - needs to be second to last for safety.
- ROTC - requires no rear flashing lights for the lead police car (LPD can do if given notice).
- Stop awards? Change awards?
- First Entry award?
- Precision unit appreciated the award
- We had more units this year than last year.
2. Paid Members for 2019 - announced - one addition at the meeting.
3. POSSIBLE THEMES FOR 2019:
- Georgia festivals (Peach, Opossum, others)
- Krewe of Mask Goes to the Movies
- "O Captain, My Captain" (Kirk, Crunch, America, Nemo, etc)
- Candy-land / Bakery Explosion
- Time Machine
- Royalty and Nobility
- The Zodiac
- Music Through The Years
- Holidays Around the World
4. ROYALTY 2019:
- They have been selected by the nominating committee. They know who they are. Any people desiring royalty for 2020 should become involved in the Krewe.
- Incidental - Goose B will try and get PGG Gels for the fountain for next Mardi Gras.
- April 14 will be next KOM meeting at the Den. Final vote for Theme - votes only by paid Krewe members.
5. FIVE MINUTES ON BANDS:
- Lutricia informs us the USMC band will play and march!
- She will also try and get commitments from the Lafayette HS Band (approx 50 musicians and other marchers)
- Possibly Handly HS
- Joe Harris will contact LC about a band.
- Six band cap for now - tentative plan to line these units up at street level between Sweetland and N. Greenville.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- Membership - GB will be sending out billing
- Name Tags - Kitty
- Fundraising Ideas - Kitty
- For or Not for Profit concepts discussed.
- President Carter Note
- KW desires more structure and an addenda prior to next meeting. Sounds like a good idea.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO SEND ME CORRECTIONS.
- Respectfully submitted - KG (updated 2018, March 5 at 1803 hrs)
Krewe Of Mask
Poobah of Mask, Dr. Kenneth Gordon
Krewe of Mask
Krewe of Mask
All materials copyright 2019, Krewe of Mask, LLC
Proudly powered by Weebly